Thursday, June 10, 2010

Work/life balance - follow up week 2 I think?

So far, so good with the reorganisation of my working week.

By having the two buffer days, I find that I am allocating 'stuff' through the week to those days.

On my 3 'productive' days I basically only do my work - the exceptions to this so far have been to answer staff questions, which can't be avoided.

I had my 2 free days last weekend, and felt so much better for it. It cleared my head, I went to work refreshed on Monday and have been in a better mood for it all week.

My boss is from the old school where if your a business owner you'll have to do so much more work. Well that doesn't fly with me, I just needed to work smarter and make sure my time at work was super productive - ok I still get distracted by Twitter, Facebook & 12wbt forums, but I'm a work in progress.

I am fitting in working polocrosse horses and my training without any worries.

So all in all, I'm pretty happy with the balance I have bought back into my life - I'm sure my partner will be too.

What are you doing to keep/bring back the work/life balance in your life? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment