Monday, June 21, 2010

Hate being injured, but I'm lucky

I'm off to my chiro in about 1/2 hour to see if she can work her magic and fix my back - she usually does.

Last weekend, one of my mates dropped me on a concrete dance floor and I landed fair on the bottom of my back. I am lucky - lucky it wasn't my head otherwise I think I would have been knocked out and have split my head open.

It is really sore, but me being me have just kept about doing the essential stuff (riding horses for 30-40mins per day) and thought I'd be fine to play polocrosse on the weekend.

Bad, bad move. The playing part was OK, but heck trying to swing my leg over my saddle to get on and off almost bought me to tears. I'm sure my OH was just looking at me wondering why I was playing, but he doesn't say anything as I'm not the nicest person when I'm sore, my horse is going like crap and I'm playing like crap - so after 10 years he worked out to keep his mouth shut (poor man).

With today being day 1 of Round 2 12wbt I am annoyed that I can't run or do the hard core cardio in the program. I don't even think that I'll be able to do the toning leg exercises either.

But actually, I think I'm lucky. Lucky as when I did round 1 my exercise was great but my food let me down - bad choices, too much, letting the old 'ah well you've blown your cals today why bother now' attitude get me down.

Today I've had to concentrate on my food and drinks. Brekkie was more cals than I thought, so I'll have to forgo an arvo snack and have a light dinner - neither of which are going to kill me.

I'm going to win this battle and will get back to my exercise regime, but at the moment I'm going to remain thinking that I am lucky to have this injury cause I am now forced to bring my eating under control.

I'm off to see my chiro now, fingers crossed she works her magic, but maybe not too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment