Thursday, July 8, 2010

Been a while

It has been a while since I blogged and maybe I wouldn't have gone off the rails if I had of kept up.

I put on 0.2 this week at WI and I know why.

Emotional eating reared its ugly head, over a few things:

  • My other half (lets call him J) is away all week. He gets in the car on Sunday or Monday and generally returns Friday afternoon or if I'm really lucky about 10pm on Thursday night. This does not help when I'm tired and emotional and would just like to chat and have a cuddle and maybe have someone cook me dinner. Last week I resorted to my old tactics of why bother cooking for myself and ate toast for dinner instead. And no, honey on toast did not make me feel better.

  • My sisters baby shower is next weekend and she lives 8hrs drive from me. I thought that I wasn't going to be able to go, so when I got the invite I was terribly sad and hence turned to my old friend - chocolate. I'm not a child person (I swear I'll have to get pregnant by accident) so was funny that I was so upset, but she is my sister so I guess that explains it. Anyway after a couple of days of the sads, I put out on Facebook that I was sad I wasn't going to be there and my lovely cousins from Newcastle had a great idea - fly up and drive out with them. Plane is booked and I'm so excited. I only met these cousins in April - long story and will tell you another day - but I feel I've known them all my life.

  • J goes to court this Friday to try and get is licence back after a DUI charge in April 2009 - yep he's been almost 15 months without a licence and at worst he is looking at another 15 due to a prior DUI charge about 9 years and 6 months ago. This has been an extremely difficult period for us. He has to pay a driver to drive him all week and his driver is not really someone you want to spend all week with. On alternate weeks he gets his dad to drive him - and his dad is not someone I want to spend the time with when they get back here. -His dad often decides to come over on a Saturday or doesn't go home til he Sunday after they get back, so after being away all week I probably get a few hours with him, what a relationship, bet your jealous! It's very stressful, I get the shits, J gets the shits and its just such a happy place to be! I was hopeful about court until the solicitor said last week that he doesn't like our chances. So out came the chocolate. I still have my fingers crossed, I'm sick of being the driver all the time, I'm tired of having other people involved in our lives so much. I would like to be able to sleep in on a Saturday and J go to town and do the jobs, instead of getting up early to do the house jobs then be J's driver for the day as he needs to do stuff in town or with our sheep. I would like to be able to go out for dinner and have a couple of glasses of wine and have someone drive me home. I just want his licence back.

They are probably the 3 biggies this week.

The positives from this experience are:

  • I know why I went wrong.

  • I did go for a 10km run on Tuesday night and felt better for it.

  • I need to go back to my quote - if hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer - I will be putting that on my fridge NOW.

  • And the best part, this week is a new week and I have a strong mind and body and I can do this.

Today I have a day off to get stuff done for our polocrosse carnival. I am making slices and cakes - major DANGER ZONE, but I'll be OK (I have a strong mind remember). I also plan on making today a 1000+ calorie burn today, and tomorrow as well.

I better fly, cause at this rate I wont even burn 100 cals!

1 comment:

  1. Mate, sorry you've been having a rough trot of things, sounds like a stressful situation all round.

    Hope your other half gets his license back.

    I know how it feels to go off the rails, I've done the same, the 1kg weight gain this week was a shock.

    But, we can get back no track and stay on track, this I know. The 12WBT community is great for support, they certainly helped me on Twitter yesterday when I was feeling like crap.

    ReplyDelete